Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu November 4, 2004
Environmentalists Opposed DEC Proposal
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – The comment period for a New York State DEC proposal regarding the oversight of certain hazardous waste sites is set to close tomorrow. Environmentalists are up in arms over the proposed policy that would replace agency waste site monitors with private contractors. They say such a move opens the doors for increased pollution. WAMC's Allison Dunne has more.