Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue December 9, 2003
Environmentalists Say EPA Rules Are Watered Down
By Allison Dunne
New York, NY – The Environmental Protection Agency is out to reduce emissions, and has proposed two of three standards to do so. The third proposal would reduce mercury emissions from coal-burning power plants, and is due out by December 15th. However, the proposal was leaked, and environmentalists who have seen it say it is disappointing, and does not bode well for New York. More from WAMC's Allison Dunne.