Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Tue December 9, 2003
Environmentalists Say EPA Rules Are Watered Down
By Allison Dunne
New York, NY – The Environmental Protection Agency is out to reduce emissions, and has proposed two of three standards to do so. The third proposal would reduce mercury emissions from coal-burning power plants, and is due out by December 15th. However, the proposal was leaked, and environmentalists who have seen it say it is disappointing, and does not bode well for New York. More from WAMC's Allison Dunne.