Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue December 9, 2003
Environmentalists Say EPA Rules Are Watered Down
By Allison Dunne
New York, NY – The Environmental Protection Agency is out to reduce emissions, and has proposed two of three standards to do so. The third proposal would reduce mercury emissions from coal-burning power plants, and is due out by December 15th. However, the proposal was leaked, and environmentalists who have seen it say it is disappointing, and does not bode well for New York. More from WAMC's Allison Dunne.