Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue July 27, 2004
Environmentalists, States File Suit Against EPA
By Allison Dunne
Buchanan, NY – A national coalition of environmental groups is suing the EPA over a power plant regulation. Separately, the attorneys general of six Northeast states, including New York, have also filed suit. The environmental groups and the states say the EPA's cooling water intake rule violates the agency's own Clean Water Act, by failing to cut down on the number of fish killed. In the Hudson Valley, Indian Point is one facility that would come under the rule. Allison Dunne has more.