Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu September 23, 2004
EPA Finds a Healthier Adirondacks
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – The Environmental Protection Agency says the nation's air is the cleanest ever in three decades. And in another annual status report, the EPA cites improvements in the Adirondacks, pointing to a one-third drop in acid rain pollution. Some environmentalists hail the progress, but say there are some areas in need of major improvement. More from WAMC's Allison Dunne.