Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu September 23, 2004
EPA Finds a Healthier Adirondacks
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – The Environmental Protection Agency says the nation's air is the cleanest ever in three decades. And in another annual status report, the EPA cites improvements in the Adirondacks, pointing to a one-third drop in acid rain pollution. Some environmentalists hail the progress, but say there are some areas in need of major improvement. More from WAMC's Allison Dunne.