Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New England News
Fri July 7, 2006
EPA Grant Will Enhance Benzene Monitoring in Burlington Area
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – The state of Vermont has recieved a grant from the EPA of just under a half-million dollars to study benzene concentrations in the air around Burlington. The 18-month study will try to determine why the air in Vermont's most populous area, Chittenden County, has high concentrations of the cancer-causing chemical. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.