Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Fri July 7, 2006
EPA Grant Will Enhance Benzene Monitoring in Burlington Area
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – The state of Vermont has recieved a grant from the EPA of just under a half-million dollars to study benzene concentrations in the air around Burlington. The 18-month study will try to determine why the air in Vermont's most populous area, Chittenden County, has high concentrations of the cancer-causing chemical. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.