Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
WAMC New England News
Fri July 7, 2006
EPA Grant Will Enhance Benzene Monitoring in Burlington Area
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – The state of Vermont has recieved a grant from the EPA of just under a half-million dollars to study benzene concentrations in the air around Burlington. The 18-month study will try to determine why the air in Vermont's most populous area, Chittenden County, has high concentrations of the cancer-causing chemical. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.