Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Thu January 5, 2006
EPA rejects GE's PCB Clean-Up Proposal.
By Carrie Saldo
Pittsfield, MA – The federal government has rejected goals developed by General Electric for cleaning the PCB contaminated portion of the Housatonic River south of Pittsfield. GE is also facing a challenge from New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer on its plans to remove PCBs from the upper Hudson River. WAMC's Carrie Saldo has the latest from Berkshire County: