Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu January 5, 2006
EPA rejects GE's PCB Clean-Up Proposal.
By Carrie Saldo
Pittsfield, MA – The federal government has rejected goals developed by General Electric for cleaning the PCB contaminated portion of the Housatonic River south of Pittsfield. GE is also facing a challenge from New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer on its plans to remove PCBs from the upper Hudson River. WAMC's Carrie Saldo has the latest from Berkshire County: