Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Tue October 18, 2005
EPA seeks fine for Holyoke's clean water violation
By Jessica Bloustein
Holyoke, MA – The Environmental Protection Agency is accusing the city of Holyoke, Massachusetts of violating the Clean Water Act. It seeks to fine the city for not taking the proper precautions to prevent waste water at its sewage treatment plant from overflowing into the Connecticut River after heavy rains.
W-A-M-C's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.