Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue October 18, 2005
EPA seeks fine for Holyoke's clean water violation
By Jessica Bloustein
Holyoke, MA – The Environmental Protection Agency is accusing the city of Holyoke, Massachusetts of violating the Clean Water Act. It seeks to fine the city for not taking the proper precautions to prevent waste water at its sewage treatment plant from overflowing into the Connecticut River after heavy rains.
W-A-M-C's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.