Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed December 15, 2004
EPA Selects Sites for PCB Cleanup
By Allison Dunne
Hudson Falls, NY – EPA officials have decided on two sites for the Hudson River PCB cleanup project - Bethlehem in Albany County, and Ft. Edward in Washington County. The supervisors of both towns are not pleased, and say they'll work to protect their communities in light of the decision. The site will become home to so-called dewatering facilities to process P-C-B-contaminated sediment from the Hudson River. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.