Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Hudson Valley News
Sun March 17, 2013
Episcopal Church Hosts Anti-Gun Violence Rally
While many are celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, at least some people are gathering this evening in one Hudson Valley county to rally against gun violence.
The rally is being held at Christ Episcopal Church in Poughkeepsie, where the Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of New York, the Right Reverend Andrew Dietsche, will address those gathered. The House of Bishops of the Episcopal Church recently issued a statement regarding gun violence, saying that many among them are hunters, sport-shooters, former members of the military, and law-enforcement officers; and they honor and respect that not all are of one mind regarding gun legislation. Yet they say there needs to be a new conversation that challenges gun violence, and The Episcopal Church can and must lead in this effort. The rally gets underway at 5.