Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
Fri November 10, 2006
Erie Canal Roundtable 11/9/06
Albany, NY – If you grew up in Upstate New York, the Erie Canal song is synonymous with second grade library class. Who could forget those stirring lyrics, "I've got a mule her name is Sal... Fifteen miles on the Erie Canal."
But if those immortal words don't ring a bell, there's no denying that the Erie Canal is still a pretty impressive 352-mile man made marvel. In fact, it was once called the eighth wonder of the world.
Today we're joined by three scholars who have made every mile their mission: Craig Williams, Ron Burch, and John Scherer. They're with the New York State Museum and will be presenting a series of lectures on the history and culture of the one and only Erie Canal.