Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Thu September 20, 2012
Ethics Commission Clears Springfield Casino Consultant
The Massachusetts State Ethics Commission says a casino consultant working for Springfield is not violating the law by representing gaming interests in another state. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno said the ethics commissions opinion validates the city’s casino selection process
Concerns were raised by the state gaming commission when it found out that the Chicago law firm hired by Sarno is a lobbyist in Illinois for two of the casino companies interested in building in Springfield. The firm of Shefsky and Froelich was hired to advise Springfield officials on evaluating casino projects and negotiating with potential developers.