Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Tue November 20, 2012
Every Day is an Athiest Holiday! by Penn Jillette
Magician/actor/author Penn Jillette doesn’t need to carve a turkey or wait for Santa Claus to declare a holiday. As Jillette explains, “The word ‘holiday’ comes from ‘holy day’ and holy means ‘exalted and worthy of complete devotion.’
“By that definition all days are holy. Life is holy. Atheists have joy every day of the year, every holy day!” Thus was inspired the title of Jillette’s new collection of essays: Every Day is an Atheist Holiday!
Penn Jillette is one half of Penn & Teller, the world-famous magic act who headline at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
He is the author of the New York Times bestselling God No!: Signs You May Already Be an Atheist and Other Magical Tales, and the novel Sock; he is also the co-author, with Teller, of three bestselling books.
He has made countless TV and film appearances, produced the movie The Aristocrats, and has been a guest on both Dancing With the Stars and The Celebrity Apprentice.