Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Thu October 10, 2013
Everyone The U.S. Government Owes Money To, In One Graph
Originally published on Thu October 10, 2013 10:58 am
If Congress doesn't raise the debt ceiling soon, the U.S. government won't be able to pay its debts. Here's who the government owes money to — all the holders of U.S. Treasury debt, broken down by category and by how much government debt they hold.
For more, see our story: What A U.S. Default Would Mean For Pensions, China And Social Security
Update: There were two misspellings in the original version of the graphic. Thanks to the commenters who pointed this out.