Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Wed November 28, 2012
Ex Interim UVM President to Lead Relevance Push
The former interim president of the University of Vermont is going to lead an effort to help the state get more from its investment in the state's flagship university.
The appointment of John Bramley was announced Wednesday by Governor Peter Shumlin and UVM President Tom Sullivan.
Bramley will head a panel tasked with implementing some of the ideas contained in a report issued in June called "New Ideas for Changing Times."
The report's recommendations include doubling the size of UVM's engineering programs and using state funds to target high-priority fields such as science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
It also calls for additional investments in health education and revises a state requirement that caps in-state tuition.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.