Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New York News
Wed December 5, 2012
Ex-NY Mayor Koch hospitalized with pneumonia
Former New York Mayor Ed Koch has pneumonia and is expected to be in the hospital through the weekend. WAMC’s Dave Lucas reports.
A Koch spokesman said Wednesday that the 87-year-old former mayor is being treated with antibiotics. He was admitted Tuesday afternoon to NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
In September, the former mayor was hospitalized after feeling weak while staying with friends in North Carolina. He was treated for anemia, was released after three days and said he planned to head straight to his office at a law firm.
Koch served three terms from 1978 to 1989. The Democrat is famous for asking constituents, "How'm I doing?"
© 2012 AP