Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Mon December 23, 2013
Ex-Patriot Hernandez Due In Court In Murder Case
Former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez is due to appear in court again in the murder case against him.
A hearing in the case is scheduled for this afternoon in Fall River Superior Court. The defense has accused District Attorney Samuel Sutter's office of violating a gag order in the case and jeopardizing Hernandez's right to a fair trial. The prosecution denies the allegations.
A judge is expected to hear arguments related to that matter.
Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to murder in the June shooting death of Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-professional football player who was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend.
Lloyd's family last week filed a wrongful death suit against the ex-Patriot, seeking unspecified damages.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.