Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
WAMC New York News
Mon August 9, 2010
Experts monitor prescription drug abuse, heroin overdoses
Poughkeepsie, NY – The amount of people seeking treatment for prescription drug abuse is on the rise, and officials in one Hudson Valley county are concerned over a growing increase in deaths caused by heroin overdoses. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Greg Fry has more on what the numbers mean for the region...