Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Mon March 5, 2007
Extended Poll Question - Dred Scott Decision 3/5/07
Albany, NY – March 5th, 2007 marks the 150th anniversary of the Dred Scott decision: the Supreme Court decision in which Chief Justice Tawney declared that frree blacks could never be citizens of the United States and that they had "no rights." Our poll question today is How far have we come in the struggle for equality in America?
Albany Law School's Paul Finkelman joins Susan in the studio to discuss the legacy of this decision and to answer listener questions.