Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Mon March 5, 2007
Extended Poll Question - Dred Scott Decision 3/5/07
Albany, NY – March 5th, 2007 marks the 150th anniversary of the Dred Scott decision: the Supreme Court decision in which Chief Justice Tawney declared that frree blacks could never be citizens of the United States and that they had "no rights." Our poll question today is How far have we come in the struggle for equality in America?
Albany Law School's Paul Finkelman joins Susan in the studio to discuss the legacy of this decision and to answer listener questions.