Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
Mon March 5, 2007
Extended Poll Question - Dred Scott Decision 3/5/07
Albany, NY – March 5th, 2007 marks the 150th anniversary of the Dred Scott decision: the Supreme Court decision in which Chief Justice Tawney declared that frree blacks could never be citizens of the United States and that they had "no rights." Our poll question today is How far have we come in the struggle for equality in America?
Albany Law School's Paul Finkelman joins Susan in the studio to discuss the legacy of this decision and to answer listener questions.