Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
Mon March 5, 2007
Extended Poll Question - Dred Scott Decision 3/5/07
Albany, NY – March 5th, 2007 marks the 150th anniversary of the Dred Scott decision: the Supreme Court decision in which Chief Justice Tawney declared that frree blacks could never be citizens of the United States and that they had "no rights." Our poll question today is How far have we come in the struggle for equality in America?
Albany Law School's Paul Finkelman joins Susan in the studio to discuss the legacy of this decision and to answer listener questions.