Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Sun July 7, 2013
Extreme Heat Warning Issued For NYC Area
NEW YORK (AP) — The National Weather Service has issued an extreme heat warning for the New York metropolitan area.
It says dangerous levels of heat and humidity are on tap for Sunday. The advisory is in effect from noon to 8 p.m.
An excessive heat warning is issued when the combination of heat and humidity is expected to make it feel like it's 105 degrees or greater.
The advisory covers the city's five boroughs, Long Island, Rockland and Westchester counties and parts of New Jersey. Slight relief is expected for Monday with temperatures in the high 80s. There's a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
North Country News
New England News
New York News