Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Wed December 26, 2007
Fairpoint-Verizon Sale Hits Snag
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Vermont regulators have rejected a North Carolina company's plan to buy Verizon's land-lines in northern New England, but are amenable to a revised proposal. At the same time, Maine regulators postponed a hearing that was to take place Wednesday on the proposed sale. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.