Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Thu August 30, 2012
Falling in Love with Joseph Smith by Jane Barnes
When award-winning documentary film writer, Jane Barnes, was working on the PBS special series The Mormons, she was surprised to find herself inexplicably drawn to Joseph Smith and the Mormon religion.
In her new memoir, Falling in Love with Joseph Smith: My Search for the Real Prophet, Barnes describes her experiences working on the PBS series as she tottered on the precipice of conversion to Mormonism.