Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu April 14, 2005
Families of Workers Killed in Factory Seek Compensation
By Eesha Williams
Springfield, MA – Relatives of dozens of people who worked at a factory in Springfield, Massachusetts say the workers died prematurely because of their jobs. The factory made atomic valves for the government. The federal government has a plan to compensate the victim's families. Critics say the money is taking too long to arrive. Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Eesha Williams reports.