Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New England News
Fri September 11, 2009
A Family Heals by Helping
By Charlie Deitz
North Adams, Ma – Eight years ago, the Goodrich family lost their son Peter on Flight 175, which hit the second tower. The Berkshire family has since taken to advocating for victims' rights and working to help the citizens of Afghanistan. Their journey has even led them to build a school for girls in one of Afghanistan's most dangerous provinces. Our Berkshire Bureau Chief Charlie Deitz reports on the Goodrich's, eight years later .