Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Hudson Valley News
Wed August 14, 2013
Family Therapist Indicted On Sex Abuse Charges
WHITE PLAINS – A licensed clinical social worker has been arraigned on a nine-count indictment charging him with sexual abuse in connection with two victims.
Mark Bernardini, 57, of 955 Peach Lake Road in North Salem was indicted on felony charges of criminal sexual act, and two counts of sexual abuse, as well as misdemeanors for forcible touching, endangering the welfare of a child and four counts of sexual abuse.
On May 16, it is alleged he inappropriately touched a 19-year-old woman he was counseling at his home office in North Salem.
The victim told her parents who contacted the State Police.
On July 2 at his Bronxville office, Bernardini allegedly engaged in sexual contact with a 12-year-old boy that he was counseling. The victim cried out to his family after the session and they immediately contacted the Bronxville Police.
Bernardini was arrested in his office later that day. He was arraigned and remanded to the Westchester County Jail in lieu of $75,000 cash bail or $150,000 bond. If convicted of the top charge, he could face up to 25 years in state prison.