Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Mon December 3, 2012
Father of Vermont Boy Who Drowned Emphasizing Safety
The father of a 12-year-old Vermont boy who drowned at a swimming hole last year is starting a campaign to help swimmers take precautions.
Bentley Seifer drowned while swimming at the Bolton potholes in July 2011.
His father, Bruce Seifer, tells the Burlington Free Press he's assembled a legal team, mapped out the sites of recent drownings and started meeting with state officials.
He's interested in putting out public messages about when certain swimming areas are particularly dangerous.
Seifer says one of the challenges is that many swimming holes in Vermont are on private property, which complicates the implementation of a statewide initiative.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.