Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Tue May 29, 2012
Fathers 'Need To Step Up' For Black Daughters
More children are growing up without a father at home. In his documentary Dear Daddy, filmmaker Janks Morton explores the emotional consequences for black girls and the women they become. Host Michel Martin speaks with Morton, Jasmine Bowden, who was featured in the film, and Jonetta Rose Barras, author of Whatever Happened to Daddy's Little Girl?