Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
WAMC New York News
Thu May 13, 2004
FDA Decision re: OTC Emergency Contraception Riles Some Groups
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – "Plan B" is an emergency contraceptive that is available only by prescription. The FDA has issued a decision denying over-the-counter status for drug. While pro-life groups in New York are hailing the decision, pro-choice groups say it was a partisan action that ignores science.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.