Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Mon May 17, 2004
FDR Medal Goes to Burundi Children's Rights Advocate
By Allison Dunne
Hyde Park, NY – A woman who received an FDR medal for her work as a children's rights advocate visited the FDR Presidential Library in Hyde Park, New York. The former schoolteacher has saved the lives of more than ten-thousand children who were orphaned by an African nation's civil war, and the plight of AIDs. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne caught up with the recipient of the Freedom from Want medal.