Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Thu March 16, 2006
Feasibility Study Regarding Potential Checkpoint Raises Hackles
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The discovery that the U.S. Border Patrol has initiated a feasibility study to create a permanent border patrol checkpoint along the Adirondack Northway has angered area legislators and business leaders. Not only were they not told about the study, it's being done at the same time the Champlain border crossing is undergoing one-hundred million dollars in improvements. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.