Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu March 16, 2006
Feasibility Study Regarding Potential Checkpoint Raises Hackles
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The discovery that the U.S. Border Patrol has initiated a feasibility study to create a permanent border patrol checkpoint along the Adirondack Northway has angered area legislators and business leaders. Not only were they not told about the study, it's being done at the same time the Champlain border crossing is undergoing one-hundred million dollars in improvements. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.