Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon August 4, 2003
Fed Funds Approved for Border Project
By Pat Bradley
Champlain, NY – The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee has approved authorizing more than 35-million dollars in federal funds to upgrade the Champlain, New York border crossing. The northern New York facility ranks 6th nationwide in the number of commercial vehicles inspected, but it has not been upgraded for 30 years. More from WAMC's Pat Bradley.