Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
WAMC New York News
Wed December 14, 2005
Federal corruption probe targeting transit system
By Jessica Bloustein
Springfield, MA – An ongoing federal probe of public corruption in Western Massachusetts is now targeting the region's public transportation system. Members of the Pioneer Valley Transit Authority's executive board met this afternoon to discuss yesterday's Federal search of the administrative offices. The city has granted the United States Attorney's office permission to probe PVTA contracts, insurance plans and finances.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.