Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu March 17, 2005
Federal Funds for NY Medicaid
By Karen DeWitt
Albany, NY – Governor George Pataki wants the legislature to spend less money on health care in their budget, and now the governor says he has an incentive to get lawmakers to comply. Pataki says he's obtained new federal funds that will be distributed only if the legislature agrees to his Medicaid reform plans.