Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New England News
Wed October 4, 2006
Federal Government Sues Vermont Over Privacy Investigation
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – In May, the newspaper USA Today broke a story that the National Security Agency had been collecting the phone records of Americans. In the wake of those revelations, several states, including Vermont, began investigations to determine whether phone companies violated state privacy laws. On Monday, the federal government filed suit against the state of Vermont to try to stop that state's investigation into whether the NSA was given improper access to Vermonters' phone records. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.