Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
North Country News
Fri June 14, 2013
Federal Project Funds Post-Irene Still Available
Officials say there's still $11 million available in federal funds for Vermont cities and towns eligible for the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program following Tropical Storm Irene.
The money is no longer available after July 12.
The funds help communities make improvements to public infrastructure and private property that are designed to lessen the effects of future disasters.
Officials say some cities and towns have used the funds to raise roads, replace culverts, flood-proof buildings, and buy out flood-prone properties.
More than $14 million in such projects have been approved by the state over the past 18 months.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.