Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed August 3, 2005
Federal Transportation Bill Beneficial to New York's North Country
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The U-S Congress has passed the federal Transportation Reauthorization bill and sent it to President Bush for his signature. The measure is the blueprint for how federal highway funds will be spent over the next 6 years. The bill includes several positive developments for projects in New York's North Country. It will allow further development of an international airport and officially designates Interstate 87 as a high priority transportation corridor.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.