Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Hudson Valley News
Thu September 27, 2012
Feds, Local Police Bust Poughkeepsie Heroin Operation
Police and the FBI have broken a heroin distribution ring said to have been operating out of a cell-phone store in Poughkeepsie... WAMC's Dave Lucas reports
Law enforcement officers have eleven suspects in custody after what's described as a "co-ordinated takedown" was carried out Thursday morning. The Poughkeepsie Journal reports that a cellphone store on the corner of Main and Catharine streets was the target of a drug distribution-related search warrant.
The U.S. Attorney's office issued a release saying several city residents stand accused of storing, selling and coordinating the sale of heroin. It called the cellphone shop "the epicenter" of the heroin operation.
FBI investigators were observed taking several boxes out of the store: Hudson Valley Safe Streets Task Force, a coalition of regional and federal police, was also involved. The suspects were to be arraigned in White Plains federal court.
(c) 2012 WAMC