Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Fri July 20, 2012
Ferdaus to Plead Guilty
Rezwan Ferdaus is expected to please guilty today in a Boston federal court to attempting to provide material support to terrorists and attempting to damage and story federal buildings by means of explosives. The charges carry a combined sentence of 35 years in prison. Under a plea agreement filed last week, attorneys are requesting a 17 year sentence.
Ferdaus was arrested in September after federal employees posing as al Qaeda members delivered materials he had allegedly requested including grenades, machine guns, and what he believed was 24 pounds of explosives.
Ian Pickus, WAMC News
Copyright 2012, by the Associated Press