Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Fri July 20, 2012
Ferdaus to Plead Guilty
Rezwan Ferdaus is expected to please guilty today in a Boston federal court to attempting to provide material support to terrorists and attempting to damage and story federal buildings by means of explosives. The charges carry a combined sentence of 35 years in prison. Under a plea agreement filed last week, attorneys are requesting a 17 year sentence.
Ferdaus was arrested in September after federal employees posing as al Qaeda members delivered materials he had allegedly requested including grenades, machine guns, and what he believed was 24 pounds of explosives.
Ian Pickus, WAMC News
Copyright 2012, by the Associated Press