Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Tue May 11, 2004
Fewer Blood Drives are Booked in HV, NYC Areas
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – This time last year, more than double the number of blood drives had already been scheduled for the summer in the New York area. New York Blood Center officials say the Hudson Valley is especially lacking in drives. And, they say, there could be critical shortages of all blood types. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.