Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Tue May 11, 2004
Fewer Blood Drives are Booked in HV, NYC Areas
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – This time last year, more than double the number of blood drives had already been scheduled for the summer in the New York area. New York Blood Center officials say the Hudson Valley is especially lacking in drives. And, they say, there could be critical shortages of all blood types. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.