Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue May 11, 2004
Fewer Blood Drives are Booked in HV, NYC Areas
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – This time last year, more than double the number of blood drives had already been scheduled for the summer in the New York area. New York Blood Center officials say the Hudson Valley is especially lacking in drives. And, they say, there could be critical shortages of all blood types. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.