Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
New England News
Wed June 20, 2012
Finance Control Board For MBTA Proposed
A bipartisan group of Massachusetts State Senators is proposing a new governing board for the MBTA to go along with a $50 million financial bailout. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
State Senator Gale Candaras of Wilbraham says the MBTA, which operates public transit in the greater Boston area, should not get any more money unless management changes.
Five senators propose a finance control board for the MBTA, modeled after the appointed board that governed the city of Springfield for five years after the state gave the city a $60 million emergency loan in 2004.