Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Tue January 25, 2005
Financial Assistance for Medical Marijuana Registration
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – In Vermont's last legislative session, a bill was passed to allow some patients to use small amounts of marijuana for symptom relief. But some severely ill, low-income Vermonters may not be taking advantage of the state's new medical marijuana law because of a 100-dollar registration fee. Those patients now have a source of help. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.