Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed November 24, 2004
A Financial Boost in Efforts to Control Nuisance Species in Lake Champlain
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The just-passed federal budget includes nearly one-point-four million dollars in funding to fight invasive species in Lake Champlain. The money is allocated for controlling everyting from sea lamprey and water chestnut to lessening environmental damage caused by cormorants.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.