Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
WAMC New York News
Wed November 24, 2004
A Financial Boost in Efforts to Control Nuisance Species in Lake Champlain
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The just-passed federal budget includes nearly one-point-four million dollars in funding to fight invasive species in Lake Champlain. The money is allocated for controlling everyting from sea lamprey and water chestnut to lessening environmental damage caused by cormorants.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.