Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Thu December 5, 2013
"Finding Grandma" With Mary Beth Wenger
Author Mary Beth Wenger, longtime Albany-area TV news anchor and reporter, joins us this morning to discuss her new book, Finding Grandma: A Sentimental Journey Through 1920s Columbia County Recipes.
The book is the story of Wenger's search for the grandmother she never knew. Stumbling over a hidden legacy left behind by Grandma Edna in an authentic 1920s recipe collection, she embarked on a voyage of discovery.
The turn of every crumbling, yellowed page unlocked mysteries, as she uncovered recipes either handwritten or snipped from newspapers, often affixed with straight pins to the pages! This was an unexpected springboard into the past, spurring a nostalgic journey that jumps back and forth from the 1920s to today.