Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Thu October 18, 2012
Fire Company Funds Missing: 3 Firefighters Suspended
Three firefighters have been suspended after it was discovered funds were missing from a fire company in Columbia County... more from WAMC's Dave Lucas
Officials say three officers with the C.H. Evans Ladder Company No. 3 are under investigation after thousands of dollars went missing from the incorporated nonprofit organization. The exact amount of missing money has NOT been disclosed:
Hudson Mayor Bill Hallenbeck, Fire Commissioner Tim Hutchings and Police Commissioner Gary Graziano issued a joint release announcing the apparent theft, which is now being investigated by the Hudson Police Department.
Hallenbeck tells the Register-Star newspaper that no city funds were associated with the theft,however, pending the results of the investigation, the theft might have a significant impact on the city and its fire department.
No word as to whether higher-level officials will get involved: an audit released Friday by State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli revealed that the former treasurer of Woodstock Fire Company No. 3 in Ulster County embezzled more than $200,000 over a five year period.