Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New York News
Wed January 3, 2007
Fire Department Caught in Midst of Town Contract Negotiations
By Pat Bradley
Saranac Lake, NY – A volunteer fire department in the Adirondacks has been told NOT to respond to emergency calls from some towns they service. The firefighters are not pleased that they've been put in the middle of a contract dispute between town officials. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.