Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
New York News
Fri September 20, 2013
Fire Injures SUNY Student
An off-campus apartment fire seriously injured a SUNY Plattsburgh student and displaced seven others Friday morning.
Shortly after 1 am Friday morning police received a 911 call reporting a structure fire at a multi unit apartment house in Plattsburgh.
A 21 year old SUNY Plattsburgh student was trapped in a third story window until fire department personnel arrived with a ladder truck to rescue her. She was airlifted to the Clark Burn Center at Syracuse Upstate University Hospital.
The cause of the fire is being investigated and the local college is reaching out to the community to aid the other students affected by the fire.