Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Fri August 31, 2012
First-time candidate seeks new New York Senate seat
One result of this year’s redistricting process in New York is a new Senate district comprised of parts of the Capital Region and Hudson Valley. WAMC’s Ian Pickus spoke with Monica Arias Miranda, who is running in this month’s Democratic primary.
Miranda is running for the Democratic nomination for the new 46th Senate seat. There are three Democrats in the race vying for the right to face Republican Assemblyman George Amedore. A Costa Rican immigrant, Miranda is the founder of The Hispanic Coalition of New York.