Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Around the Nation
Tue April 3, 2012
Fishing For Trash Nets Kids Coins, Rings, Necklaces
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Helping the environment can be its own reward, but a group of California sixth graders got something extra. They were fishing trash out of a lake when someone netted two heavy bags. The students shrieked when they saw the treasure inside. There were coins, rings, necklaces. The San Francisco Chronicle reports one bag was labeled Wells Fargo, so the discovery has been reported to police. Still, this was more exciting than the kids' usual treasure - a bunch of tennis balls. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.