Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Wed June 29, 2005
Five Northeast States Sue Power Company for Pollution Violations
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Five east coast states, including Connecticut and New York, have filed suit against a Pennsylvania energy company and its subsidiaries over alleged violations of the federal Clean Air Act. The five attorneys-general say the pollution spewed by the coal-fired plants in Pennsylvania not only violates clean air laws, but also damages the environment and human health.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.