Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed June 29, 2005
Five Northeast States Sue Power Company for Pollution Violations
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Five east coast states, including Connecticut and New York, have filed suit against a Pennsylvania energy company and its subsidiaries over alleged violations of the federal Clean Air Act. The five attorneys-general say the pollution spewed by the coal-fired plants in Pennsylvania not only violates clean air laws, but also damages the environment and human health.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.