Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
WAMC New York News
Wed June 29, 2005
Five Northeast States Sue Power Company for Pollution Violations
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Five east coast states, including Connecticut and New York, have filed suit against a Pennsylvania energy company and its subsidiaries over alleged violations of the federal Clean Air Act. The five attorneys-general say the pollution spewed by the coal-fired plants in Pennsylvania not only violates clean air laws, but also damages the environment and human health.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.