Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Wed June 29, 2005
Five Northeast States Sue Power Company for Pollution Violations
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Five east coast states, including Connecticut and New York, have filed suit against a Pennsylvania energy company and its subsidiaries over alleged violations of the federal Clean Air Act. The five attorneys-general say the pollution spewed by the coal-fired plants in Pennsylvania not only violates clean air laws, but also damages the environment and human health.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.