Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Mon August 5, 2013
Fletcher Allen Seeks 4.9 Percent Budget Increase
Vermont's largest hospital is seeking approval to increase its budget by nearly 5 percent.
The Burlington Free Press reports that Fletcher Allen Health Care wants to raise an additional $44 million next year to cover operating expenses and new health reform initiatives, add 282 full-time positions and begin planning for a new building.
The proposals have been submitted to the Green Mountain Care Board, which has set a 3 percent cap on the budget growth it allows for hospitals. Hearings are set for Aug. 27-29.
Dr. John Brumsted, the hospital's president and CEO, says the hospital is financing some changes that benefit the whole state.