Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Wed January 9, 2013
Flu Deaths Rise In Massachusetts
Baystate Health has put new visitor policies in place at its three hospitals in Springfield, Greenfield and Ware. Patients can have no more than 2 visitors at a time and none under the age of 14. Patients are asked to come alone to doctor’s appointments. Dr. Sarah Haessler, an infectious disease specialist at Baystate said the last time these precautions were taken was during the flu pandemic in 2009.
The city of Boston declared a public health emergency and is working to set up free flu vaccination clinics. Experts say the flu season has arrived earlier and is harsher than normal.